Hey, ya'll.
I had a really tiring trip, my flight from Dubai to London was delayed by an hour while in Dubai, it took off late because there was a HUGE rush at the Dubai airport, only one runway for like fifteen aircraft every hour. So when I got to London, I only had thirty minutes to run all the way back to gate zero from gate twenty and then go through customs and then run all the way back to gate twenty-two, so I made it just before the gates closed, Alhamdullilah. So I was totally drained out when I got here. For the first time, I didn't throw up or get a migraine on an airplane trip, though, Alhamdullilah.
I got here on Friday night, my dad's aunt lives here with her sons and their sons.
Anyway, that makes her grandchildren my cousins. And the uncle whose place I was staying at has two sons, they are twins, six years old. I got really attached to them so I'm sending them a firefighting uniform (they love costumes and that's the one that they don't have) and I'm building them both a guitar for their birthday.
Dad's aunt took care of me like I was her own son, she gave me lots of stuff and food so I only needed to buy a few things when I got to Rutgers, so I'm really grateful to that.
I had my student orientation today, so I met a bunch on people and got to get to know them. There are really interesting and cool people around here. Oh, and the dining halls have all-you-can-eat breakfast/lunch/dinner so it's the perfect place for me :P
The libraries are only open till 5pm everyday so I have to go there tomorrow. They'll be open till much later once classes start, so that'll be fun. I'm known for spending all day in the library. And I don't study when I'm there. I go through all the book sections and find newer authors to read :P
I had my first migraine today, so I'm just totally drained out. I woke up to skype with mom and dad and my brothers so I'm just going to crash again.
I miss Bay View & all my students-especially my family and students who are like family.
And and I moved into my dorm on Monday, so that's when I started taking pictures of Rutgers. They have a huge and amazing university, huge campuses, so I'm really grateful, Alhamdullilah.
Hey there
Whatchu doing
Why you looking so down
Instead of showing your smile
I see the sunrise in your eyes
So bright
No one could ever take your place
You mean the world to me
You are
You are everything to me
You are
You're all I ever need
You're the perfect melody
We're in perfect harmony
I keep looking
At your beautiful face
You never seize to amaze
I'm so lucky
So fortunate
Long time since you wrote no ? :D
ReplyDeleteGlad to know you reached safe and sound.
I love the DORM! If the room above with two beds was a dorm. It's so clean and simply furnished.
Start smiling in your pictures before I kick your butt :P
ReplyDeleteHappy for you! This place seems really cozy! Also a good idea to search for some new authors while in the library ;)
ReplyDeleteooh i'm envious. aala. just checked some online pictures of your college, it rocks. may allah help you while you're there, and always:)
ReplyDeleteYay!! I feel so much happiness for you. Really really really. :-) A new chapter in your life. May Allah fill it with beautiful days, sunny mornings, occasional rains. With funny people, loving people and those who are awesome as well. :-) May your time as a student be carefree, happy and motivated. Inshallah. Do good Ovais! And be good. :-)
ReplyDeleteYour university seems awesome mann. Hahah the same could be said about me and the library. It's so quiet there. Helps clear your head-space.
ReplyDeleteWow, it looks great :)
ReplyDelete