Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Love knows no end.

He looks around as he enters the room.
She's asleep, but then she has had a very tiring day.
Near her, there's a bassinet, and he quietly walks over to it.
He reaches down and gently picks up the newborn baby, and smiles with pure joy when he sees how much like her mother she looks.

"I'm surprised you're here."
He turns towards her, sees her exhausted eyes watching him, sees her fully relaxed for the first time in months.
"I may not be her father, but we are her parents."
"..I don't get it."
"Don't get what?"
"How can you.. love.. so much, even when it's not returned? How do you.. keep on going.. like that?
"Because love is to put someone else's needs before your own. That's all I try to do."
"I think I might actually love you."

The smile on his face grows as he carefully puts the baby back.
"You know, she actually looks just like you."

He looks up, but she's already fallen asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment