Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Those summer memories.

"When I see you,
I run out of words to say,
I wouldn't leave you,
Cause you're that type of girl to make me stay."

The radio on his phone plays music while he sits in the shade.
Strong gusts of wind make the summer heat bearable.
The electricity is out; the usual few hours of rolling blackouts.

"I see the guys tryna' holla,
Girl, I don't wanna bother you,
Cause you're independent and you've got my attention,
Can I be your baby's father?
Girl I just wanna show you,
That I love what you're doing hun."

His phone keeps buzzing with new text messages, he's receiving texts just as fast as he can send them.
His dogs come and sit next to him; he smiles with the sad smile who's happy and sad at the same time.

"I see you in the club,
You're getting down good,
I wanna get with you, yeah,
I see you in the club,
You're showing thugs love,
I wanna get with you."

His eyes finally move away from the phone screen; he's had enough, and he puts the phone to a side and pets his dogs and talks to them.
It's relaxing talking to dogs, you know?

"You're so beautiful,
So damn beautiful,
Said you're beautiful,
So damn beautiful."

No comments:

Post a Comment