It's been a while since I posted, so this is going to be a long post.
I've been busy. I got an online job, I have two online classes that I'm taking-Oh yes, unbelievably boring-and I went to summer camp today =D
And there's a ton of other stuff going around, too. Like this really creepy incident at Aga Khan..
First off..
I don't believe in friends anymore. No, don't look so shocked. I stopped believing in best friends two years ago, when my 'best friends' decided that they didn't need me anymore.
Why do I not believe in friends anymore? Because in my experience, people talk to you, be nice to you, and help you out only while they still need you. After that, they won't care about you. Until they need you next, they won't care about you. Maybe you've had a different experience, and you have awesome friends.
When I mean friends, I mean friends in general.
It's not like I don't have awesome friends. I have really, really, really awesome and nice friends. That's referring to the few who actually read this blog when I text them to.
By the way,
I read this quote somewhere..
This life is hell for the believer and heaven for the unbeliever.
TOTALLY AGREE. I mean, come on, it IS hell if you can't go outside for ten minutes without having to worry about getting kidnapped or robbed or killed, right?
Then there was this other one..
Edwin Brock-Five Ways to Kill A Man..
"These are, as I began, cumbersome ways to kill a man.
Simpler, direct, and much more neat is to see
that he is living somewhere in the middle
of the twentieth century, and leave him there"
http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/edwin-brock.html
It's a really awesome poem, by the way.
Did you hear that Rebecca Black's mum took her Friday song off YouTube because she had copyright issues with the production company?
Now I can't bug my brothers by playing the original version of it everyday.
So I have to compromise.
Which means singing it myself whenever it's the appropriate time.
Like when I see my relatives, I go..
It's fun, trust me. And I think that Rebecca Black can sing but she needs a new song writer.
You're probably wondering when I'm going to talk about the creepy thing that happened.
It's.. now. So skip if you don't like scary stuff.
We were at Aga Khan Hospital, took my great-grandmother to the emergency cause her right eye was just SO swollen and she needed a doctor immediately.
My aunt, cousin, younger brother and I dropped off my mom and my great-grandmother (pray for her health please, by the way) at the emergency and then went to wait in the parking.
Now my aunt was driving, I'm in the passenger seat, and my brother and cousin are in the back. When we're pulling in to park, there was this white Corolla on our left parked like this:
I could see this guy in blue shalwar-kameez, wearing a namaz-wali-topiand looking down at something. Now all our windows were rolled down cuz it was so hot and windy. As soon as we parked, I grabbed a book and started reading (I always carry books with me) while my brother and cousin looked around at the Aga Khan sports center and other cars.
After a while, they asked my aunt and me if we could see anyone sitting in the back seat of the car-they said it was a woman. Now the rear windows of the car were totally tinted so I couldn't see anything through them. The front windows were perfectly clear and I could see through the windows to the other side of the car where there was another car parked.
And the guy who had been sitting there wasn't sitting there at all. Not creepy, since he could have gotten out or something.
But then my brother and cousin saw a guy sitting in the front all of a sudden. And they asked us to look if we could see him too. Now I'm looking at the front side of the car. There was no one there sitting either in the passenger seat or in the driver's seat. I may wear glasses, but honestly I could not see anyone sitting there. At the exact same time that I'm looking at the car, my cousin and my brother are too. And both of them swore that they could see a guy sitting there, with long hair and blue clothes. My aunt couldn't see him either.
Now there's four of us staring at the exact same car at the exact same place. And two of us can see a guy sitting there and two of us can't.
SCARED US ALL TO DEATH. So while my brother says that he's going to leave the car and my cousin is really scared and asking us to move the car somewhere else, my aunt is thinking that it was all a joke.
While I told the two in the back to stop talking and say the Ayat-ul-kursi and convinced my aunt to park the car somewhere else, I was SOMEHOW able to stay in control of everything.
It's like a gift. Like when this boy at high school fell down during a basketball game and a huge crowd of onlookers is just staring on-including prefects, by the way. I saw the crowd and went like this:
So when I got there, everyone is just asking him if he's okay while the boy-clearly in pain and unable to speak-was lying on the ground. So instead of asking them what happened, I picked him up, got another guy to support him on the other side and carried him to the nurse.
It was just so natural for me to walk in and know what to do. My brothers still can't figure out how I do it. They were among the onlookers at the scene, by the way.
But back to the scared-out-of-our-wits-event.
So we pulled out and went away. But I still don't get who that person was. Cuz humans aren't supposed to be able to see jinn, right? I mean, they ARE there, but I'm not an expert on them, so help me out here.
Now for the good stuff.
I went to summer camp today. YEAY.
How I got there, though, is a story of against all odds. That's why the title, yes.
We've finally had electricity. But the water finished. So my dad and I went out, got the chowkidaar to turn the motor on, and waited for our water tanks to fill so we could turn the valve off.
Now while we're waiting, my dad decided that it was time for me to go on a parade.
Seriously. It was midnight-actually midnight-and he had me walking from one end of the apartment complex to the other end. Marching all the way. Yeah, with the arms going up and down and one-two, one-two. He stood and watched.
I got bored after a bit. So I started giving him the military salutes.
Like the Chinese one..
And the Pakistani one..
And the Hail Fuhrer one. Almost got kicked for that one. :p
But then it turns out that the motor wasn't running properly.
So I, with my cough and cold and exhausted body, had just marched for an hour for NOTHING.
But it meant that I could finally go back inside, finish my online homework, submit it, and sleep by one am. Not good when you have to wake up at the crack of Dawn and can get migraines.
I woke dad up in the morning to find out that he had slept at four am. Why? Cause he'd gotten our tanks half-filled with water from our neighbors. So he didn't want me to go and VOLUNTEER.
I got him to drop me off-just ONCE though-but he said yes.
And then we got on my cousin's sports motorcycle and found out that it was punctured. So dad went and got it fixed.. which meant that it was already 9:30 when we left home.
I was supposed to be there at 9:30.
But my dad took me there at 100km/hr the entire way. Took ten minutes, so pretty awesome =D
And a kind soul agreed to give me a ride to the camp for the rest of the workshops.
Thank you, God.
While we were at the workshop today, they asked us the same three questions that they always ask us.
1. Name the five richest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Miss Universe winners.
3. Name the last five best actor Oscar winners.
Four years, and I never bothered to look that up before I went to the workshop. :p
I have a question for you, though.
Who is richer, a person with tons of money but no family, or a person with little money but his/her family's love?
I've been busy. I got an online job, I have two online classes that I'm taking-Oh yes, unbelievably boring-and I went to summer camp today =D
And there's a ton of other stuff going around, too. Like this really creepy incident at Aga Khan..
First off..
I don't believe in friends anymore. No, don't look so shocked. I stopped believing in best friends two years ago, when my 'best friends' decided that they didn't need me anymore.
Why do I not believe in friends anymore? Because in my experience, people talk to you, be nice to you, and help you out only while they still need you. After that, they won't care about you. Until they need you next, they won't care about you. Maybe you've had a different experience, and you have awesome friends.
When I mean friends, I mean friends in general.
It's not like I don't have awesome friends. I have really, really, really awesome and nice friends. That's referring to the few who actually read this blog when I text them to.
By the way,
I read this quote somewhere..
This life is hell for the believer and heaven for the unbeliever.
TOTALLY AGREE. I mean, come on, it IS hell if you can't go outside for ten minutes without having to worry about getting kidnapped or robbed or killed, right?
Then there was this other one..
Edwin Brock-Five Ways to Kill A Man..
"These are, as I began, cumbersome ways to kill a man.
Simpler, direct, and much more neat is to see
that he is living somewhere in the middle
of the twentieth century, and leave him there"
http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/edwin-brock.html
It's a really awesome poem, by the way.
Did you hear that Rebecca Black's mum took her Friday song off YouTube because she had copyright issues with the production company?
Now I can't bug my brothers by playing the original version of it everyday.
So I have to compromise.
Which means singing it myself whenever it's the appropriate time.
Like when I see my relatives, I go..
It's fun, trust me. And I think that Rebecca Black can sing but she needs a new song writer.
You're probably wondering when I'm going to talk about the creepy thing that happened.
It's.. now. So skip if you don't like scary stuff.
We were at Aga Khan Hospital, took my great-grandmother to the emergency cause her right eye was just SO swollen and she needed a doctor immediately.
My aunt, cousin, younger brother and I dropped off my mom and my great-grandmother (pray for her health please, by the way) at the emergency and then went to wait in the parking.
Now my aunt was driving, I'm in the passenger seat, and my brother and cousin are in the back. When we're pulling in to park, there was this white Corolla on our left parked like this:
I could see this guy in blue shalwar-kameez, wearing a namaz-wali-topi
After a while, they asked my aunt and me if we could see anyone sitting in the back seat of the car-they said it was a woman. Now the rear windows of the car were totally tinted so I couldn't see anything through them. The front windows were perfectly clear and I could see through the windows to the other side of the car where there was another car parked.
And the guy who had been sitting there wasn't sitting there at all. Not creepy, since he could have gotten out or something.
But then my brother and cousin saw a guy sitting in the front all of a sudden. And they asked us to look if we could see him too. Now I'm looking at the front side of the car. There was no one there sitting either in the passenger seat or in the driver's seat. I may wear glasses, but honestly I could not see anyone sitting there. At the exact same time that I'm looking at the car, my cousin and my brother are too. And both of them swore that they could see a guy sitting there, with long hair and blue clothes. My aunt couldn't see him either.
Now there's four of us staring at the exact same car at the exact same place. And two of us can see a guy sitting there and two of us can't.
SCARED US ALL TO DEATH. So while my brother says that he's going to leave the car and my cousin is really scared and asking us to move the car somewhere else, my aunt is thinking that it was all a joke.
While I told the two in the back to stop talking and say the Ayat-ul-kursi and convinced my aunt to park the car somewhere else, I was SOMEHOW able to stay in control of everything.
It's like a gift. Like when this boy at high school fell down during a basketball game and a huge crowd of onlookers is just staring on-including prefects, by the way. I saw the crowd and went like this:
So when I got there, everyone is just asking him if he's okay while the boy-clearly in pain and unable to speak-was lying on the ground. So instead of asking them what happened, I picked him up, got another guy to support him on the other side and carried him to the nurse.
It was just so natural for me to walk in and know what to do. My brothers still can't figure out how I do it. They were among the onlookers at the scene, by the way.
But back to the scared-out-of-our-wits-event.
So we pulled out and went away. But I still don't get who that person was. Cuz humans aren't supposed to be able to see jinn, right? I mean, they ARE there, but I'm not an expert on them, so help me out here.
Now for the good stuff.
I went to summer camp today. YEAY.
How I got there, though, is a story of against all odds. That's why the title, yes.
We've finally had electricity. But the water finished. So my dad and I went out, got the chowkidaar to turn the motor on, and waited for our water tanks to fill so we could turn the valve off.
Now while we're waiting, my dad decided that it was time for me to go on a parade.
Seriously. It was midnight-actually midnight-and he had me walking from one end of the apartment complex to the other end. Marching all the way. Yeah, with the arms going up and down and one-two, one-two. He stood and watched.
I got bored after a bit. So I started giving him the military salutes.
Like the Chinese one..
And the Pakistani one..
And the Hail Fuhrer one. Almost got kicked for that one. :p
But then it turns out that the motor wasn't running properly.
So I, with my cough and cold and exhausted body, had just marched for an hour for NOTHING.
But it meant that I could finally go back inside, finish my online homework, submit it, and sleep by one am. Not good when you have to wake up at the crack of Dawn and can get migraines.
I woke dad up in the morning to find out that he had slept at four am. Why? Cause he'd gotten our tanks half-filled with water from our neighbors. So he didn't want me to go and VOLUNTEER.
I got him to drop me off-just ONCE though-but he said yes.
And then we got on my cousin's sports motorcycle and found out that it was punctured. So dad went and got it fixed.. which meant that it was already 9:30 when we left home.
I was supposed to be there at 9:30.
But my dad took me there at 100km/hr the entire way. Took ten minutes, so pretty awesome =D
And a kind soul agreed to give me a ride to the camp for the rest of the workshops.
Thank you, God.
While we were at the workshop today, they asked us the same three questions that they always ask us.
1. Name the five richest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Miss Universe winners.
3. Name the last five best actor Oscar winners.
Four years, and I never bothered to look that up before I went to the workshop. :p
I have a question for you, though.
Who is richer, a person with tons of money but no family, or a person with little money but his/her family's love?







No comments:
Post a Comment