Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

The flag, of the crescent, and the star.

My homesickness gets worse with every day.
It's not about the food anymore, or the atmosphere.

It's like.. feeling empty.
Feeling far away.

It's not about any people anymore, either.

It's like a dream, a far off dream, a day that I'm waiting for, but the day isn't coming anytime soon.

I've been listening to the national anthem on repeat for the last few hours, and it doesn't make it any better.

I can close my eyes, and imagine being back home, imagine every step that I take, and almost be able to.. feel the experience.

It's time to go back to being super busy and not having time to miss home.
It's the only thing that works.

6 comments:

  1. Boredom makes it a whole lot difficult! Wish u all the success in life amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very profound and thought-provoking piece. If home was merely a 'place' to go back to, it'd not have been so difficult to deal with. But the problem is that Home signifies a particular place in a particular time inhabited by a particular set of people. Maybe that's where homesickness overlaps nostalgia, eh? Busying oneself is definitely an easy and quick way out, but it's also a mere temporary fix. There is no permanent way to go about it, I guess.

    Beautifully penned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a temporary fix.. for the next four years, haha :)

      Delete
  3. It's relateable. I'm going through the same phase of homesickness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear from you !!
    Have a great year ahead.....and yeah keep yourself busy :)

    ReplyDelete