Unbidden, pools of memories rise,
Each chapter has its own key;
Every memory has mixed feelings,
They are all filled with laughter-and pain.
The pain is always easier to remember,
The laughter usually harder to find,
The harshness first to be recalled,
The kindness not there.
My head hurt, my body gave up,
You never cared;
God helped me,
You went your way.
Someone needed me,
You stopped being there when I needed you
But then this, at least, I have learnt
You won't help me.
As my dad always says,
Friends come and go,
Very few will help me always,
But family will never go.
I may not be such an awesome person,
I may be a lousy friend;
Nevertheless, I'm always here for you,
Just remember, I'm always praying for you.
When I stumble,
If I fall;
Forgive me,
I'm learning as I go along.
seemed like i am reading about my own life!!! i have just went through a phase where ppl i loved backstabbed me but still i am always there to help thm when they need me. beautifully written :)
ReplyDelete