This is the second guest post for this week.
And it's written by Rahima at Trying To Escape Reality.
And it's written by Rahima at Trying To Escape Reality.
When Ovais asked me to write a guest post I was pleasantly surprised. I’ve always blogged for myself, but it makes me really happy that other people enjoy reading my blogs and think I write well. It really is a boost in my ego. It would be a boost for anyone’s ego, so cheers for that Ovais!
Well, start by writing an introductory passage about myself? I think that’s the thing I can’t do. I had to write college essays and I had absolutely nothing to write. How do you make your cliched self sound interesting?
But I guess I can always give it a try. I’m a 18 year old girl who is argumentative, bitingly sarcastic, and more than slightly nerdy. I love MUN-ing and watching football. In some ways, I could be called your average teenage girl. I’ve had my fair share of crushes and seeing those crushes end up with someone else. I’ve lost people I thought would be in my life for a long time. And I’ve learned that forever doesn’t last.
2011, by far was one of the most important years of my life. I gained and I lost. But in the end I learned a few very important lessons and that’s what I’m going to write about in this guest post.
I learned that it is important to distinguish between people who will make time for you and those who won’t. No matter how much I care, some people just don’t care back. It takes up years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it.
Saying what you mean and meaning what you say can be scary sometimes.
I’m afraid that love doesn’t exist the way I want it to. But no matter how much I want to, I could never give up on love.
People change, and it hurts when they do, but you have to learn to move on. Because no matter how depressed I am, time keeps moving forward.
You can NEVER have a second chance to make a first impression.
When you are angry at someone, think about all the things you love about them before you speak.
But most importantly I learned that regret is a waste of time. And that I have to learn to forgive myself. Never be someone’s second choice. And time heals almost everything.
Thank youu so much for writing it :)
The One Who Leaves Me Breathless, I remember my first impression of you. I've been breathless ever since.
Thank youu so much for writing it :)
The One Who Leaves Me Breathless, I remember my first impression of you. I've been breathless ever since.

I agree, saying what you mean and meaning what you say are two completely things. The former is often used in manipulation.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how much you can hate someone when you're mad at them. You really should think of their good qualities before responding (this applies more to your relations, though). Anger comes in two forms: when someone's unjust to you or when you can't handle what they said even though they may be right. If it's injustice, in that case, you should stand up for yourself.
Happy new year, Ovais :)
ReplyDeleteReading you after a loooong time. Apologies for being away :c work keeps me busy!
Loved the post. Regret is fine. It comes along with lesson learned. Nevertheless, time is a healer!
rahima, this was an interesting post. and kinda sad.
ReplyDeletei beg to differ about love not existing the way you want it to.
the thing is you have to look carefully because even if you miss one second you might miss seeing the person who truly cares.
love doesn't mean spending the rest of your life with your beloved, it means accepting that you can't but it still exhilarates you because you are glad to know that person.
and time doesn't heal anything. the fire gets cold but it doesn't die. everyone is indispensable. no one can take another's place. the vacuum that's created by someone who leaves can never be filled by another. and it always hurts.
even when you succeed in escaping the thoughts, the faces haunt you at night. in your dreams and while you lie awake restless.
and regret? one can't help it. can he?
You're welcome, Ovais. :)
ReplyDelete@TBE - I guess in some ways you're correct, and who knows maybe I'll learn all this when I grow up, but 2011 really changed my beliefs in different ways, and one of them was about love. Because no matter how much I try to deny it, my expectations about love are so messed up, it probably doesn't exist the way I want it to. But I'm never giving up on it, so that's the best part of the lesson. :)
Interesting thoughts... Makes one think.
ReplyDeleteThese are great lessons everyone needs to learn. Let it be a poster of several most important phrases to hang on the wall. I love this one: 'And I’ve learned that forever doesn’t last.' ;)
ReplyDelete