Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Impressions

She died last night. I met her four years ago. I still remember seeing her for the first time at my aunt's wedding, and being introduced to learn that she was the groom's niece. I never knew perfection till I heard her speak. All I could say at that minute was a simple, lame, "Hi." Yeah, that's called breathlessness. I kept running into her at the wedding. I was taking pictures of my family and friends, and she was passing by. I was getting food, and she was there too. I was meeting friends, she was meeting her friends too. Naturally, my mind kept going blank every time.


Next week, she was the only thing on my mind. To my surprise, she added me on Facebook. And that's how our friendship started. It began with the usual hellos and his, the asking how we are and what we're doing in life. Talking about mutual friends, family life, all that. Applying to colleges together, meeting up at friends' parties, eventually taking each other's number to text too.

The next time we met up was at a friend's birthday party. We talked for a really long time, just the two 
of us sitting together and talking, oblivious to everyone else shouting and actually even not realizing that it was time to cut the cake until everyone started singing. That night was the first time I dreamt of her. I dreamt that we were laughing and talking while taking a walk along the shore. I never told her that I dreamt of her, but when we next met, she asked me if I had an accident or something bad had happened, because she had dreamt that I had an accident. I still didn't tell her my dream of her.



I remember how one of our mutual friends was getting married and asked both of us to come up with a dance. We thought of one, and when the time came to show it to everyone else who was also taking part in it, we danced together for the first ever.. and it was a perfect dance, without any mistakes. It's one of my treasured memories, especially since it showed the chemistry between us was infallible. Both our families were, naturally, invited to the wedding. Neither of our parents had any idea how close friends we had become or how much we texted all day. It was when the two of us started the dance-flashmob style-that our mothers began to realize it. As for the dance, it was the best one out of all the performances-at least, that's what I remember people telling us.


7 comments:

  1. :D
    It made me go all awwwwww!
    This is really awesome!!
    Write moreeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's interesting! Definitely your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwee
    I got goosebumps from reading this!
    Write more

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is coming up very well. loved the opening :) Waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Butterfly EffectMay 28, 2012 at 7:32 AM

    i dont think i quite get you. did she pass away? or is it about another friend? what ever it is both the post called "impressions" are extremely saddening.

    ReplyDelete