Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Put your hands in the air; show me that energyyyyy!

Everyone's posting about Eid and all.. so I shall too. A bit, at least.

Eid Mubarak to everyone =D

I spent my entire day.. texting. :P
And taking pictures. For some reason, I was really in a picture taking mood.

Even though I took them all from my cell phone's camera, I still had fun doing it.
And even though The One Who Leaves Me Breathless has the camera that I would love to take pictures with, that still didn't stop me from taking more and more pictures.

It reminds me of a really embarrassing time in Grade Six. My class went on a field trip to Lahore for three days.. And back then, we had the camera which works on the film rolls and has to be developed. I took pictures.. and spent most of my money on those film rolls.. but I was only in two of those pictures. In fact, people were only in five of them. The rest of the pictures.. had scenery in them. By scenery, I mean the fields, the brick kilns, the salt mines, the trains, the museums, the statues..

It made my dad so mad.

Thankfully, we have digital cameras now.



I spent the day with two really entertaining babies.



They're Nahyan & Ayesha, and both of them are my cousins. And yes, that's my great-grandmother in the first picture.

I kept thinking of Aral & Ayza the entire time, while playing with them. If you don't know who Aral & Ayza are, then you need to see this.



It's kind of hard to remember the rest of the world while I'm talking to The One Who Leaves Me Breathless. I was so focused on texting today that my brothers crept into my room, grabbed my bag, and went out without me even noticing that they were ever there.

It's a good thing that I always text with my back to a wall or laying down.

The new blogger is really interesting. And pretty cool. But then, that's me.. and I love a good change after a while.
I usually keep the six Shawwal rozas, but I have a cough and a cold, and I think I'll celebrate having been able to keep all my Ramadan rozas without any major migraines.

Thank you, God, for everything. Thank you, God, for letting me keep all my rozas. Thank you, God, for giving me hope for the future and for helping my dad relax a bit more. Thank you, God, for bringing some peace to my city for Eid.
All I ask now is for peace in my city. All I ask now is for people to be able to find a solution to their problems. All I ask now is that you help us improve, keep us on the straight path, and safeguard our health and families.

17 comments:

  1. Amen to your beautiful duas.

    Go out, Ovais. Have some fun! Take pictures of random strangers in their new Eid clothes! :P

    No, really, do that. It's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eid mubarak dude,
    hahah,,i do indeed do the same thing when camera comes into my hand, i capture everything except for myslf. :P
    and that batman picture and that facebook picture..
    hahahhahahahahahahahah, they are hilarious..
    yah the new blogger is good, but i am still with the older one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, I did the same thing when I had a camera when I was younger. Even with a digital camera, i don't take pictures of poeple =P

    Wow, you were so engrossed in texting? xD

    The facebook picture was epic =D

    I'm sticking with the old Blogger too. I'm too lazy to try and understand the new one =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really spent all your money to develop the photos of thee scenery? OF COURSE your father must have gone mad at you given that you were only in one/two pictures. :P

    Khair Mubarak. :D

    And I still am from that stone aged qoum who die to take pictures from Canon or Nikon. Yes, I have some digital camera from another planet that doesn't have a logo/brand name on it. 0_0

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the new blogger is SO COOL. :D
    Seriously.
    It's so not.. congested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen to the beautiful duas =)

    lol, im so over texting, i dont text anymore =s i am nt sure i wished all my contact list happy eid :P

    lol at the pics. im so nt a taking.pictures type. neither the take.my.pictures too, incase u were wondering :P btw ur dad HAD to be mad. im so with him on this. =D

    khair mubarak =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha awesome pictures. I loved the first one of batman :D made me smile :P

    Tay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eid mubarak :)
    Must be high times back there. Cute kids.
    Film roll cameras were fun, I still have my first film roll camera and take it out sometime. Hope, peace prevails in our places.

    aJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not too sure on the new blogger dashboard, it'll take some getting used too!

    And I'm glad you had fun taking pictures - it's nice seeing you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what to think about the new blogger dashboard. It's just...so different. I like change too, but I got use to the other.

    LOVE THE PHOTOS! :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eid mubarik to you, too kiddo. and its good to know you r in a great mood hope this lasts forever:)




    p.S. i loved your encrypted post..... it made me silent somehow... not speechless... just silent... it was... elevating:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eid Mubarak! :) cool pictures! And I'm kind of afraid to try new blogger. I'm not big on changes thats why.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eid mubarak :)

    i do the same even today..takng pics of trees,sun-rise, random stuff :)
    awww really cute kids mashAllah :)
    i liked the new blogger but m sticking with the older one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love taking scenery pictures :)
    Eid Mubarak to you :)
    The kids are adorable :D
    Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't tried the new blogger dashboard yet D: I don't like change.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eid Mubaraak!

    I am still using the old Blogger.=D
    Is that you in the Red kurta?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tazeen; I wanted to, and I went outside to, but I felt so awkward that I came back inside :P

    Ateeq; Well.. I like the new blogger. =D

    Areesha; Yes, I was really engrossed in texting. =D

    KN; I spent my money on the rolls, he got them developed. I didn't tell him what was in the pictures. :P
    I take pictures with my Nokias. Yes, I have more than one.. :P
    High-five on the new blogger =D

    Mahnoor; I didn't wish anyone unless they wished me. Made it easier to text them back. =D

    Tay Tay; Glad you liked it :)

    Aakash; Eid Mubarak to you too :) Insha Allah, peace will remain.

    Hazel; Thank youu :)

    Camellia Day; TheOneWhoLeavesMeBreathless has a Canon Rebel too =D It's the two of you who have the camera I'd love to have, so take care of yours! Glad you liked the pictures :)

    The Butterfly Effect; I'm glad you found it nice :)

    cricketfreak & normal.is.overrated; It's nice, but everyone has their own preference :)

    Kiran Ashraf; I did it once. Only once. :P

    PhilO; Thank youuu

    Hamza Bin Laden; Yes, that's me. =)

    Eid Mubarak to you all too!

    ReplyDelete