Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Vows of the future

They stand facing the wind,
Everyone watches them.
They stand together,
Neither complete without the other.


The tall twenty-five year old whispers something into her ear,
She laughs and pulls his arms around her.
They stand in the second-floor balcony,
They watch the sunset together.


The girl is a doctor,
She works ardently at her hospital,
She changes someone's life everyday,
She will be a good mother.


The boy is an engineer and a pillar of society,
He works to change and improve life,
He helps keep the neighborhood safe,
He will be a good father.


Their love gives everyone else hope for the future,
The two hard workers help the society.
Everyone watches them with pride,
They let no one stare with envy.


The girl leans against him,
He smiles as she relaxes.
They wait to welcome their first-born,
The street waits with bated breath.


They are two diamonds in a sea of rubies,
Both made for one another.


I didn't want to write the stanza about the boy, but it seemed incomplete without it. I tried to be modest, okay?

24 comments:

  1. and its not hard to figure out to what this post relates..

    ReplyDelete
  2. T'Awwwww! I love it. :D
    The girl you're in love with is INDEED lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures are great, as always. True words..

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are two diamonds in a sea of rubies,
    Both made for one another.
    this was the touchiest part up there,
    well, well i can sense the strong love between you and her,
    its so strong,
    gos keeps it strong

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope it stays this strong, forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. D'awwww <3
    I loved each word! Your love is indeed very strong. Best of luck both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the girl is lucky to have you :) hard to find boys like you...wishing u both good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable :) And the one who leaves you breathless commented too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll agree with Mehr. She's one lucky girl =) Hope everything goes well =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaa awww...sooo sooo sooo cute...literally that was a adorable post...!:) awwhh completly went gaga over it:)
    congratulations...and mashaa Allah:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. me love the comic strip at the end :D

    aJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when guys aren't afraid to voice their feelings! She's one lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm gonna agree with Hazel. :)
    This is really beautiful.♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. is this about you? or fiction?
    and well....weddings :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone! =D

    Chintan; It's.. the future as we visualize it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha. :D
    It was a good one.
    Well love makes one a poet. :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My God :) This is so sweet :)
    I smiled all the way while reading it :) It's lovely.
    You really have done a hell lot of planning :P

    ReplyDelete