Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Email # 1 of 2: Of death

And I saw your face
In a crowded place
And all else
Ceased to exist.
Ovais Shaikh.


Everyday I check my email; I'm waiting for my university to reply. And it's always.. like.. you-need-to-be-patient-wala scene.


I finally found an email that I had written a year ago. It's time to update it. I wrote it for my friends and family to read in case I died.
It's interesting how funny I tried to make it. And I'm posting it here, since it was really hard to find it. I'm glad I managed to find a copy after two hours of searching.


See you all on the other side 
First of all, my family. I love you guys. I could always count on you, bug you till it made you angry, and you were always there for me all the time. Mum & Dad, I love you. I'm sorry for all the times I broke the rules, didn't go to sleep and stayed online, did some really dumb things (like driving in the bay view parking lot & crossing the signal on yellow in America & rarely stopping at traffic signals in Karachi) and made you worried with my "come here, quickly!" incidents which were usually nothing special. Thank you for every single thing you did for me; you're awesome people and I'm thankful Allah gave me you as my parents! What else can I say except I love you more than I love anyone else? Ozair & Humza, you guys are older now; it's your turn to be responsible, do all the chores, try keeping your rooms clean and take care of mum & dad. I love you two; I'm really sorry for all the times I ate your cookies, yelled at you, annoyed you for fun, didn't let you play in my room because I had a migraine-I'd do it all again if I had the chance. Be safe, listen to mum and dad-they're always right, and if they're wrong, it's only going to be in college math. I'm sure that dad can find a book for you on that, though, not to worry 

My friends...you guys are awesome, every single one of you. I'm sorry I didn't speak to you as often as I should've. I'm not going to name you all individually since that would take forever. You helped me every time I needed you. You were patient whenever I wanted someone to tease or give me ideas. I can't repay you, but here's how you can pay me back-yes, pay me back, though I owe you-take care of your health and your family. Never let go of them; in fact, go give everyone in your family a hug and tell them you love them. If you actually do it...your parents may think you've gone crazy or had a sudden change of heart, but it'll make your life happier. And when you finish reading this, you can go ask them for that gadget or party you've been wanting to go. 

Those people whom it feels like I've known forever...Abeer ... Muhammad Ishtiaq ... Adil ... Ifra ... Zaki ... Laraib ... Bassam ... Maham ... Hadia ... Rabia ... Mikhael ... Mujtaba ... Salman ... Unsa ... Hafsah ... Maha ... Chau ... Areesha ... you guys are beyong amazing. I can't wait to see you guys again. Don't make it soon, though. Enjoy life.











5 comments:

  1. Aww that email is awesome!
    And thanks for making me laugh with those funny smartphowned pics :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the only one who has had a posthumous speech planned? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaufen Badewanne Armaturen, Badewanne Armaturen bei Wasstar.http://www.wasstar.de/5-badarmaturen;
    Rubinetti Bagno - Garantiti prezzi bassi - Teria.it.http://www.teria.it/8-rubinetti-bagno;
    Comprar Grifos de baño - Catálogo de Grifos para Baños - Encee.http://www.encee.es/5-grifos-de-bano;
    Bathroom Taps - Guaranteed low prices - Encstar.com.http://www.encstar.com/2-bathroom-faucets

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the special period of epidemic prevention and control, faucets play an important role wherever they are located, whether in the bathroom or in the toilet. For example, before or after meals, food and tableware cleaning are inseparable from the help of Antique Basin Faucets and sinks.

    ReplyDelete