Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Email # 2 of 2: Of faith

I still go with everything that I say after this. I sent this email to my best friend around more than a year ago.


I was depressed pehle, you know?
With all the parents/financial/choosing my career stuff going on, I was nearly going out of my mind. But. I talk to Allah every day, you know? And I've found....that no matter what, He's ALWAYS there. You can't hear Him talk back-you don't see Him-but you get the feeling in your heart that He's up there and listening to you, you know what i mean?


Try it....it makes me cry every time I do it, but it keeps me going everyday. No matter what, I know that this world is just a trial for us. Nothing matters except that we follow the Quran and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet. After all, the Quran had Allah's commands to us, right?


We go to paradise if we obey those, right? Grades....mean nothing. Other people's taunts...mean nothing. Money....means nothing. Pain....even migraines...mean nothing. All that matters is doing the right thing in Islam. I may sound like a religious guy or whatever, but you've known me...you know i was always carefree half the time and dead serious the other half.


Now i'm always calm and thoughtful more. I haven't spoken this much for ages, I was SO afraid that I was retreating into myself, you know?
I haven't been hyper for months now. But I realized....it's all part of a bigger plan. We're all part of a bigger plan. There's nothing out there that can harm you as long as you say the Ayat-ul-kursi after every namaz and do that which is right. Keep your parents smiling, forget everyone else. My brothers may be annoying as hell, they may not get any reprimands from my parents when they bug the hell out of me, but I still love them. I can't imagine life without them. I just want them to grow up and be good people. I don't ignore them when they get annoying, I glare at them or throw a pillow or something. Or maybe raise my voice...but yeah.


We're all part of one brotherhood, and if our own family doesn't stand up for us, then who will? Not our friends. Not our distant relatives. Allah says to take care of our parents and families RIGHT AFTER He gives us the command to worship Him and remember that He is the One and Only God. Can you imagine how big a command that is?


I can't...Allah created us. Can you imagine that? There are BILLIONS of galazies out there. Every one has TRILLIONS of stars. Can you imagine that? It made me feel SO SMALL. And the worries we have....like grades and all...are nothing.


There are people who think of their kids. Where they may be. If they can find food tomorrow. If they will be alive tomorrow. If they should have been nicer to their family member in the last words they spoke to them before their accident. Imagine THAT for one second.


5 comments:

  1. Although I am Christian I do think a lot of what you're saying is right. There's so much bigger things out there and all we're worrying about is stupid grades and such. It's so messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this.
    I've been finding it hard to get myself to pray these days, but reading your post helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never found anything helping, but namaz. [:
    I feel like, nothing's up my mind after it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont even find namaz helping :( I knw im so messed but i cant help it. I wish there was something i could do. And YES, we all are part of a bigger plan, we just dont know and feel it. And everything literally everything happens for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful thoughts in here owais.

    prayer can be so amazing and once you realize that Allah/God is always with you even when life seems awful and hard to bear, that's all that matters.

    thanks for sharing =)

    @ aliza khan- i know prayers may not seem helpful when life seems so messed up and there seems like no end to misery, no solution to your problem. hey, problems dont get solved like presto just cos you pray. sometimes patience helps a lot and just you wait. there's ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete