Today was Day One of my new job.
Oh wait, I taught here two years ago, so that means it's not a new job, is it?
Yes, I teach.. again. I should switch from engineering and do teaching instead. After all, I've been teaching since I was fifteen.
Okay, so I'm eighteen, which makes it three years of experience in teaching and one year of experience in all other work.
Anyway.
Today was awesome.
I went to school-and please don't ask me which one it is, I can't tell anyone anymore-and I was overwhelmed. After all, those teachers had taught me at some point or another. So I was their student.. and now their colleague.
(I'm supposed to put a picture or drawing here, but I am awful at making people-Furee Katt and Daaneiia make the best ones)
This is what I was like:
But somehow I managed to not run away-hey, everyone wanted to talk to me and find out what I was studying now and why I was standing there in the staff room.
And we had a long meeting, after which I knew what I was going to be doing for the rest of the year-which is substituting for any teacher in the Senior building, supervising/motivating the Prefects, and the third is a surprise for later.
And after the meeting, I was doing slave labor for my mom.. Who teaches in the Junior building.
Now I have a driver's licence in America. Which means that I'm used to an automatic car.
Needless to say, I need practice with the gear/shift stick. So I drove on the way home.
I WANT AN AUTOMATIC. THIS WAS ANNOYING.
And once we got to my uncle's place, we discovered that one tire had punctured.
God help me.
And when we put the spare in-this time mum drove, I was exhausted-and started the car, we found that it had really heated up.
Oh. Em. Gee.
But we got home.. and I miss my Suzuki Liana.. We used to have it-a wonderful car better than a Honda Accord-and sold it before we went. Now we have a tiny Suzuki Mehran. Life is a test, indeed.
Oh, oh, oh, fasting makes my brain go slow, so I forgot one important thing. I met a blogger today. =D

I HATE AUTOS.
ReplyDeleteI prefer semi auto vehicles.
I used to drive Honda Civic Dolphin 1999=D
Wow! That's wonderful!
You met WHOM?
You're 18 and a teacher? And you've been one since you were 15? How is that possible lol? Seriously, over here we're still in school at those ages =/
ReplyDelete:D
ReplyDeleteI LOVE AUTOS.
ReplyDeleteHazel, I started teaching while I was in grade 11.. And then continued when I started Uni. :)
You don't need a degree to start teaching here-and in America too, you can teach or tutor as long as it's with a private company, which is what I did :)
congrats on the job
ReplyDeletemy car got heated up too just today and in the deadly heat of khi....yuck it sucked big time.
yea automatic gear rules
wow...you are 18 and you have 4 years of work experience!! mashALLAH you have a long way to go boy....great going really..so our ovais is a self-made person...em glad to know more about you:-)
ReplyDeleteOh wow that's amazing. I never knew that! You need a degree to teach here unfortunately lol.
ReplyDeleteWOW, awesome :D
ReplyDeleteKeep us updated on how your job goes!
I don't drive yet but I've heard that where I live, we have to drive a manual car to pass the driver's test :/
^Go for the learner's instead? :p
ReplyDelete.
ReplyDeleteI should go and bury my head in sand. You have good amount of job experience as compared with ur age mashallah.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with it.