I know that I've been posting more and more.. frequently.
Blogging is becoming more and more fun, honestly.
Why?
Because of you all.
You all are awesome. Simply. Awesome.
Forty-five followers? I used to have two.
Two to forty-five?
*Smiles*
Since this is a long post, I am going to award people first, and talk later.
Gives you a reason to write a long comment, by the way.
Did I mention that I love long comments?
First off, to KN at And I have a Stone-heart
Her blog is number one in my favorites list. If you want to read about something interesting, funny, and true.. You go there. =)
Second, to Meghana at Mistakes and Miracles
I always go over to her page whenever I need to smile. Which is saying something, considering how depressed I get.
Next, to Ifra Khaliq at Rambled Thoughts
What can I say? She reminds me.. of myself. Only she's a whole lot more awesome.
Fourth, to Farsilla at I'm Farsilla
Her blog is filled with interesting things. You might want to check it yourself instead of having me describe it =)
The next one goes to two bloggers.
Shygurl94 at Me, Myself, and I
and to
Zeinab at Enargeia
These two blogs really make me think and remind me that there are so many other amazing people out there =)
Last, but not least, to Camellia Day at My Thoughts In One
If there was someone whom I'd envy, it would be her. Why? You can go over to her blog and see for yourself. After all, pictures speak louder than words.
You must have been sent from heaven to earth to change me
You're like an angel
The thing that I feel is stronger than love believe me
You're something special
If you guys want to know what's been going on in my life, I suggest you read the previous nine posts.
Yes, nine.
I have a migraine right now.. and I can't sleep, because it's one of those migraines.
Migraines can kill, by the way. If you have a migraine for over 72 hours (three days) with less than four hours of relief in between, then you need to go to the hospital.
Otherwise, you can have a stroke. Which will kill you, depending on how much brain hemorrhage you get. I wish that I had known that two years ago, when I had a continuous thirteen day migraine.
Lucky to be alive? Yes, indeed.
So I'm helping my brother study for his history test. Pakistan Studies, yes.
The amusing part was that my.. cousin.. the one who leaves me breathless, yes.. and my brother really don't think that I can help them with history.
Which is really amusing, considering that I love history, that I've fought so many battles in history in my head and won them, and that I remember almost everything that they're doing.
But, we were going through his book-the Nigel Kelly one-and if you have it, turn to page 86.
If you don't have it, look at this picture.
See Jinnah's suit? I love it.
No idea why. Randomness, indeed.
And I'd like to thank KN here for the songs that she has on the top right corner of her blog.
Listening to calm music helps soothe the migraine.
So, tomorrow, I have an iftar party at school.
Iftar, by the way, is the time at sunset when we open our fasts.
And I've been helping organize it, in addition to substituting for teachers.
And co-ordinating the Prefects too.
So you can imagine how tired I am after having six consecutive substitutions for three teachers today. While fasting.
But first, let me tell you about something amusing that happened yesterday.
I needed to go around the classes and announce that I'd be having a meeting with the Prefects.
I asked a teacher if I he minded my coming in and announcing it.
He said yes, and waved at me to announce it.
I got confused.
So I asked him if yes, he did mind.
He didn't get it.
So while trying not to laugh, I announced it.











Congrats to everyone who got an award! And I really hope you feel happier soon *hugs*
ReplyDeletei hope your head gets better and so does your life. whenever i open your blog it makes me smile in spite of your depression. (of course not out of mockery).
ReplyDeleteyou just remind me of the time when i was eighteen. your posts are mostly relate-able. actually they would've been more so, if i were the same person i was three years ago.
one day you'll start to realize how nothing in ur life is under your control. everything happens for a reason. you just have to change your view about them. life will seem easier, and you'll have a lot of strength to get by, without letting ur system suffer.
anyway, love your blog, dude. and i am so glad you're an hp fan and you like lotr, too. :)
and congrats all who received the award:) keep writing, you never know your writing may change somebody's life:)
and oh, congratatulations kiddo, on ahving 45 followers
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE CRAZY OVAIS!!
ReplyDeleteDo i need to say THANKYOU? DO I? I think NOT. :D
Your frequent posts gives me a bloody good idea about your migraines. YOU BADLY NEED TO GO TO A DOCTOR! Hahah.
So starting from the substitutions. Tell you what? In fasting, teaching is more like a test of your 'How-much-can-you-not-perspire-standing?'. I taught when i was a student at my college, in my college, just cause my teacher thought i was too good in chemistry.
Want to know WHAT? I proved one of the laws wrong in my book. Don't now which it was, but would one day, share for sure. :D
AND I HATE HISTORY. And NIGEL KELLY IS THE WORST WRITER. God, my teacher was so much of a fan of this guy. I am teaching Physics to my brother nowadays. So its mostly Work, Power and Energy going on here. :P
I didn't know anyone would actually bother to listening to those songs but YOU DID! And btw, to let you know, i LOVED the Yirmuna track you posted in your last update. I am actually listening to it since last night. :D Check out Breathturn by Hammock. You might come to love it!
AND I AM PAGALON WALA HAPPY FOR YOU. THOUGH I AM MYSELF AGAINST RELATIONSHIPS AT 18, YOU KNOW. :P
THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR HONORING ME WITH THIS AWARD, Ovais. (Shouldn't it be Awais, wese?)
P.s: The CAPITAL letters mean, I AM SHOUTING! :P
i realli hope one day i become good enough to be awarded by you. seriously =)
ReplyDeleteyou rock.
I hope your head gets better and that you become happier dude, really! lol iftar party I want to attend that. actually I have attended one but want to attend another one - it's fun eating :D haha.
ReplyDeleteI must say, I love the pictures you put in your posts. always makes me smile :)))))
45 followers? AWESOME! (I will admit, I'm jealous. Ssssh, tell no one.)
ReplyDeleteUgh, migraines. I get regular headaches so I can imagine the migraines are pretty terrible. My brother use to get them all the time, so he'd spend a day in a dark room sleeping. You've probably tried it, but hey, it's the only small token of wisdom I can offer. (I called it wisdom to make myself feel better. :P)
AHH! Thank you for the award. I feel all special now. I doubt all my work and hearing that someone likes it makes me feel all awesome and such. Yay!
The last picture made me laugh. I've seen it before, but it gets me every time. :D
-Lia
3 more for a fifty!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an honour it is to be awarded by you Ovais!! Thank you so, so much!
ReplyDeleteI've really enjoyed reading your posts and your comments. I find you to be a close reader with an interesting perspective.
Sorry to hear about your migraine. I, too, suffer from migraines, but usually headaches. I think they contribute to "our" melancholia.
And congrats on the number of followers, more to come, inshallah.
P.S. A bit random, but sort of related to your interest in history. Have you ever watched Rang de Basanti? I watched it once and loved it.
hahaha, how many times do i have to say that ur pictures are the most hilarious thing on this blogger.
ReplyDeleteand u posted this while having migraine pain. :0
planning to suicide. :/
and iftar party, wowwwwwww, am i invited :P
I lost a friend due to this migraine :[ May God be with you, always :]
ReplyDeleteNow a Big gracias to you! You made me feel soo good and happpy. that's what an award made you feel :]
Loads of love ♥
I finally managed to find your blog =D Congrats to the other winners and thank you so much Ovais! =D
ReplyDeleteAnd you wrote all this with a migraine =| Credit goes to you, mate.
Rofl, the pictures were hilarious! xD
Oh and who can ever forget Nigel Kelly =D I miss that book even though I hated History. Tell your brother to study hard. I'm also forcing my brother to study for his June paper =|
ReplyDeleteHazel; thank youu :)
ReplyDeletethe butterfly effect; I know it's not under my control, but that doesn't stop me from trying to influence things from happening and stuff :)
thank youuu it's 55 now =D
KN; I've been to a few doctors. I'm too advanced for them to make sense of ;)
Ah, Physics.
I never took Chemistry. :p
Well.. she doesn't love me as much as I love her, so not much of that kind of a relationship, hmm?
Mahnoor; You're much more awesomer than I am :)
normal.is.overrated; thank youuu :)
Camellia Day; That helps sometimes. Not always, though =/ Thank you :)
Zeinab; you said it, it really does add to our . thank youu :)
I've put it on my to-watch list, I haven't seen it yet!
Ateeq Mughal; Thank you =D
Hmm, I'll see you at HBL's blogger meet up :)
Ifra Khaliq; You earned it :)
Yeah, migraines are.. ick.
Shygurl94; Thank youu :) Yeah, he'll be working really hard, he missed all of grade nine's Pak Studies!
Meghana; Thank youu =D
ReplyDeleteAnd you earned the award =)