Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Dying Heart

Thirty Nine Followers :o

You're all welcome to my blog =)

So yesterday my parents told me that they're going to be picking my friends from now on. No, not because I did anything, but because my parents have their own.. whatever it's called..

I already have such few friends, because the awesome ones I used to have either moved away, changed, or stopped talking to me when I moved away.

I'm not complaining, because it taught me a lot.. but it would be nice to be able to talk to someone not in the family and be able to trust them.

Yes, that's exactly what I need.

But my parents just decreed that I can't talk to some of my friends.. The few who actually talk to me.

And I have to obey, because,
1. Islam says that I have to.
2. If I don't, then I'm a hypocrite.
3. If I'm a hypocrite, then I'm going to hell.
4. If I'm going to hell, then I really don't need more reasons to go to hell.
5. Besides, they mean the best for me, even if I don't agree with them.

I found this on Purple Mist's Blog and I decided to do it..

A. Make a list of 5 things that are in reach.
Cellphone. Pocketknife. Calculator. Drill machine. School ID.

B. What is your favourite holiday?
Christmas Eve. My birthday too. :p

C. What is your fashion style?
Just look neat and presentable, I guess? Does that count?

D. What’s your occupation?
Student/Teacher.

E. What do you hear right now?
Too much. Want me to elaborate? Okay. My uncle (he doesn't fast on Saturdays) mixing sugar into his tea, my brothers playing on the Nintendo, and this sad song that I'm listening to..

F. Who was the last person you hugged?
My dad, this morning, when he left for work.

G. What random song just popped in your head now?
Lifehouse-It is what it is

H. What did you do today?
Woke up at 4 for Sehri. Slept till 11. Played Age of Empires for a few hours. Felt sad. Thought. Tried to figure out exactly what was making me feel sad. Prayed. Did a ton of chores. Thought a bit more. Decided to get on blogger. Writing this now.

I. What was the last text message you received?
"Ovais? What's the matter? Something wrong?"

J. What websites do you always visit when you go online?
Facebook. Blogger. Hotmail.

K. What is your next big planned purchase?
Ipad.

L. If you could afford to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
A deserted island, and take some fertilizer, food-plant seeds, tree seeds, a few animals.

M. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Asleep? XD

N. Where’s your tattoo/Where would you like a tattoo?
I don't have a tattoo.. Maybe I'll get a paint one that doesn't rub off with water.. On my left palm.

O. What are you doing this weekend?
Sleeping, Thinking, Maybe going shopping for a few dress shirts-I donated most of mine when I left America

P. If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?
I already play the Piano. Not as an expert, but.. =)

Q. What’s the one thing you need the most now?
A reason to live.

R. Are you a creeper?
No. Are you?

S. What is your dream job?
I don't have one right now.

T. What’s the last good movie you saw?
Transformers Dark of the Moon.

U. What’s your favourite quote?
Nearly everyone is the same. You help them, then they stab you in the back, lie to you & leave you to rot-I said it.. two years ago.

V. What is your favourite colour?
It depends on my mood. I guess that since blue is the one I wear when I'm happy, it gets to be the favorite.

W. Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Sleep.
Sleep.
Sleep.

X. Coffee or tea?
Ick. Neither. Coffee is concentrated caffeine, which means three day migraines. Tea.. I can make it, but never drink it.

Y. What do you love to do when it is drizzling?
Sit on top of my car and get drenched.

Z. What inspires you?
Almost anything and everything. Like yesterday, when I was standing outside a bookstore while my brothers bought some stationery.. And I was still fuming over my parents' decision about my friends.. I saw these two little beggars-siblings by the looks of it-playing with a stick, a straw, and a stone with more delight than children at school when they're playing soccer.. And it was simply so inspiring.

If you'll scroll down on my homepage, you'll see my paintings.. and this one, which was a bit hard to figure out what was in it.


This is what it is about:


Since I have a feeling that my sadness-which is still here after accepting my university deferment status, praying, and not worrying about financial aid-has made this post seem miserable, I'll add some more funny pictures..

And I'm trying really, really, really hard to keep my promise of not getting depressed. That promise, may I add, was made over three years ago.





18 comments:

  1. Aww that sucks about your parents choosing your friends =/ Hopefully they weren't serious about it, you know, like an empty threat sort of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww.
    Maybe you should try to reason with your parents? Let them know how unhappy they're making you?
    And congrats on the followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow are your parents really going to do that? I wouldn't like that AT ALL but if you can see their point of view I guess..Well are they really going to do it?:P i keep repeating myself..

    Congratz on the new followers :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lmao cat-scan =p

    It sucks losing friends but it's easier to go with the flow and find a way around your problems than to go through them. Think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CHEEKO.
    You have earned my respect.

    *Yes that's as good as climbing Everest without a shirt in shorts*

    I think it's wonderful of you to obey your parents. And the five reasons you gave were PERFECT.

    Reading this, made me feel like a bad, bad bOy =D

    And YOU MUST STICK TO THAT Not-getting-depressed promise of yours till the end of your life =D

    And, Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Might i say Ovais? What happened? Something wrong?
    Hahahah. Oh these are one of the loopholes. VOIDS, in which nothing seems or feels right.

    Just live through it. It will be gone soon. :D

    And CONGRATULATIONS ON 39!! I am 29. WOW. Well it isn't even something ironic. :D

    And well I take a pocket knife EVERYWHERE. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. that cat scan, :D
    that job application, ahahahahahah, awesome'
    and seriously u have earned my respect, i would have like never accepted my parents to choose friends for me,
    and it was good to know that u sleep alot.
    lol, that where u see yourself five years from now question made me laugh.
    hahah asleep.
    now u have 41....yeahhhhhhh,
    happy independence day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Independence Day
    Thanks for following

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am copying it:D and you are a good son... and a wonderful person... i do think u will do wonder in life ... anyways... whether u do wat u like or do wat ur parrents like... sad songs i love them too...:)

    happy independence day... we did get independence from india but not from out parrents we need to remember that!:P

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehe now that painting of yours made some sense to me! You like annoying orange :o he is so coool :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. whoa! masha'Allah, so this world actually has good kids left who actually listen to their parents. i'm awed :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. btw, what do u do for migraines? for me, nothing seems to work, and its kind of a hindrance, every other day or so!

    ReplyDelete
  14. for migraines two panadols work for me every time or a single caflem too helps me..
    but it's the worst pain man...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hazel; it was a direct order type of thing =/

    cricketfreak; I tried =/

    normal.is.overrated; they already did :o Thank you :)

    a*; yeah, but I'm used to bashing through them :p

    Hamza Bin Laden; I feel honored :o
    Sticking to ittt :p

    KN; I used to be at five once :o
    I need my pocketknife every five minutes. literally.

    Ateeq mughal; thank you :)

    Faraz Ezazi; my pleasure :)

    Love; yeah, that is SO TRUE!

    Ifra; finally :p Interestingly, the girl whom I gave it to is also named Ifra :o

    the butterfly effect; I use a mixture of stuff, from pills to sleep, but it rarely ever helps..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cat scan! Ahahahaha that was kinda funny :D but I really liked the picture of the man falling out of the notebook :)

    And you know what, that drawing was pretty cool, I could get what was in it on the first look :P but I don't usually get abstract art hmmm .. also, I don't know if you can see it, but do you sort of see a man holding up the women in her dress ruffles? Cos initially I thought the ruffles was a man, the woman is twirl dancing and the guitar was hired out to play some romantic song for them :D wow, I'm deep haha

    Your answers are interesting :) and your about me is very very funny :D

    Thanks for the follow :D I've subbed back but it might not show up on your followers list, so I thought I should let you know either way :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for following :)
    Following back - Great blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lil-bee; Well, it depends on how imaginative you are in looking for what's in the picture :p

    Thank youuu =)

    Tay Tay; Thank you!

    ReplyDelete