Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Your hand in mine

The One Who Leaves Me Breathless is asleep. So this is a surprise for her :D

I'm like, half asleep right now. I just woke up. From a fun dream. And I want to go back to sleep since I haven't gotten much sleep since forever. And I won't be able to till Sunday. Aah.

I have an economics test that I'm trying to give later. I can give it till Monday, but I have a paper due as well, so I have to work on that today too.

So I was having Tropical Skittles today for breakfast in the staff room, and it felt awkward to eat them and not offer to share them with the rest of the teachers. Mind you, I love skittles.

I was so surprised when I found out that everyone loved Skittles. Even the older teachers loved them :o

My mum's birthday was fun for her, so far. My brothers didn't do anything for her (One brother said that he would make dinner for her, and he said he'd make chicken burgers.. which have to be heated up in the microwave. ._.)
Dad and I got her a cake in addition to the stuff I made for her, and we're waiting for dad to come home so we can cut it. It's a cheesecake, so I can't really eat it. Unless I want a migraine.

I asked my cousins and aunts and uncles to come over so we can surprise mum after school, but they all had school, so they couldn't. And neither could the two friends whom I asked to surprise her in school; both of them had bad days, so I don't blame them..

Honestly, I hadn't really expected anyone to actually surprise her. It's nice to know that I know everyone that well. But then I wonder why I even try.. so that I get surprised if they exceed my expectations, I guess.

Anyway. This was supposed to be a surprise for you! But then I haven't spoken much to you today, so this is all a surprise anyway.

I'm halfway through Looking for Alaska by I-forgot-who. I found it on a blog that I just started following, and I'm the kind of person who can never resist reading a book just because it was published. There are those boring ones that I download or buy to find out what they're about and then throw them away. But I'm the person who turned down Twilight when a friend offered it to me to borrow, because I was being told that it was for girls. It was when I found a cousin-a guy, yes-reading it that I decided to find out what was so interesting about it. And I ended up reading all four books.
So the Host by Steph. Mayer was good, but Twilight.. Ick. Midnight Sun, is amazing, though. That was written from a guy's point of view, so you can't blame me for liking it.

Like Areesha said, I'm the first confirmed non-gay guy who read Twilight.

Yes, you're supposed to laugh now.

This is the thirty-fifth post that was motivated by The One Who Leaves Me Breathless.
I'm listening to Explosions in the Sky-Your hand in mine.

And my head hurts. Like it does before a migraine. Aah.

I've been having a pinch of Kalonji every morning and evening, and it's reduced my migraines. I tried in in America last year, and it kind of worked for a few months. I guess it's working again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigella_sativa <-- That's what it is.



I love you, meri jaan.





14 comments:

  1. hmm...Nice post...

    Happy Birthday to your mum...huggss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sweet of you to suprise her!

    I love the picture with the dinosaurs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry no one got to do anything better for your mom's birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its okay. Aunty will have an awesomer birthday soon. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey happpy birthday & best wishes to your mum-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Midnight Sun is amazing! I want her to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats so sweet from u :)
    Happy belated bday to ur mom!

    Loved the pix.. Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh m late :P Happy belated birthday Antieee <3
    May Allah bless you and your family Now and Always Ameen <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday TO YOUR MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did laugh after that twilight statement :D


    #_#
    1955-2011

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was talking about Nicholas Sparks =P Not Twilight!

    The first thing I see if the picture on the left and I go 'Awwwwwww'.

    And happy belated birthday to your mom! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. this was a very sweet post... but there's something in it... that just... tore my heart, and it's got nothing to do with the contents of this post, just some words.

    something about this post was profoundly beautiful and ardent.

    and happy birthday to the woman who raised an incredible son:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Areesha; Oh, my bad :P

    The butterfly effect; :D

    ReplyDelete