Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Will you be my chamack chalo?

Hii.


I am happy. Yes, very happy. Even though I miss The One Who Leaves Me Breathless like a lot.


Compare that to how I was yesterday. It was like how the rest of the year had been.


I woke up sad, my friend's dad had passed away, and so I spent time with him. His mum had passed away in January, so he really needed someone to keep checking on him.


But yeah, I went to my great-grandmother's house after that. And I got my camera. Which I had waited a long time for!


My present from mum.






don't say a word
just come over and lie here with me
cause I'm just about to set fire to everything I see



And I just love my camera. It is amazing. And I can finally take awesomer pictures! I've been taking pictures since sixth grade. Using an ancient Fuji camera and my cellphone camera.




This is a picture of a model of the Great Wall that one of my teachers got me.









See how amazing my pictures turn out to be?
Where was I? Oh, yeah. How yesterday was.


My last day of being Eighteen was.. okay. Did I already say that?
Anyway.


I played cricket. Something I haven't done in years. Like a proper game with my brothers. Since I love soccer.
And I listened to music for most of the day.


Girl you are my chammak challo.
Where you go girl, I'm gonna follow.
What you want girl just let me know.
You can be my chammak challo.



My baby cousin was dancing to Chammak Challo and that reminded me of Aral and Ayza. Aral and Ayza are, by the way, the two babies that I dream about and will, with God's will and blessing, see one day.
Which reminds me, I was missing The One Who Leaves Me Breathless so much that I actually forgot I was turning nineteen soon.







And today?
Today was.. new. different. a new experience. But then it's the new experiences that make life worthwhile, don't they?


I thought that my beloved was asleep, since she had a very exhausting day. She surprised me, and really made my day.










I was praying at that time-for her, yes-and it's something I do on every birthday when the clock strikes twelve. I pray. There is no better way to start the new year, is there?


I slept quite a bit. And texted a lot. And ordered Dunkin, since my friends forgot it was my birthday and told me they couldn't come to hang out at Dunkin Donuts.
























And above all, I took pictures with my new camera. It's the best feeling ever. The third best feeling after being loved and knowing that there is a God above.


Forgiven. :)

Therefore, so far, my nineteenth birthday has gone.. okayish.
The One Who Leaves Me Breathless, I love you and miss you soo much.


I really hope that this is as random as my posts used to be.

19 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, hope you had a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and many many many happy returns of the day :D

    Hope u enjoyed it with ur friends, family, neighbours and u knw who :p ;)

    Glad to know that ur in such a awsmm mood. Hope it stays :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is great. It's deep and meaningful but not so much as to forget the important things in life. I'll go back to stalking it now (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!

    P.S. Next year you should try blueberry and chocolate glazed Munchkins. They're epic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday :)
    And the pictures remind me of something and someone very dear to me
    loved the medical humour pic
    Stay Blessed ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sure was random. And happy. Masha'Allah.

    I just read the message under your header today. You're an engineering undergrad? WHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just realized why your blog is named 18 downing street. HAHAHAHA. Anyhooo omg you are 19?! I thought you were 16 since Ms. Breath taker was 16 as well:p Anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long post =O Happy birthday once again =D
    I don't like the Chamak Challo song >.< It's annoying. My cousin's daughter loves it >.<
    I'm hungry now after seeing the doughnuts =O

    ReplyDelete
  9. is apologetic.

    but, being a very greedy drunkard, would like to have one of those doughnuts. and the pink one, please!=D

    happy birthday again. though i'm jealous you have a driver's licence. and i still have, like, 2 years to go. meh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...wait. you got a new camera? WHY DO YOU WANT TO KILL ME OF JEALOUSY TODAY?! kheir, i love those first two pics you took.

    and that line. oh, that line. "Or, sometimes, calm. Calm like…the eye of the hurricane. It's quiet. Peaceful, kinda. And then there’s the musical bit. I rhyme half my life. It's fun."

    you know what? that inspires me to write a poem - maybe i'll write it - you know, the hurricane line. did you like make that up yourself? it's geniuz. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! May it be filled with blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy (belate) Birthday to one of the best bloggers out there! :]

    I-we're-all so thankful for you! :D

    I love the gift your mom got you. xD And, YAY, CAMERA!

    I'm SO FREAKIN' sorry I haven't been commenting. I'm a lazy ass idiot. Don't mind me. xD lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha happy belated birthday bRo!! sorry i missed it yesterday had a real busy day, hope em forgiven ^_^

    Its good to know you enjoyed the day! May you have many moooooore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want a new camera too :( Since so long!!

    You're happy!! Yay :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone :)

    Rain Drops; Thank you! :)

    Aliza Khan; Thank you :) I did :)

    Rahima; Glad you like it! Cool, cool. Thank you!

    Beyond Timid; Blueberry munchkins! and thank you :)

    The Guy In The Mirror; thank you! Interesting, who?

    Tazeen; :)
    Um, Santa Clara. It's in America, I'm taking online classes till June. I'm going there to finish my degree in August inshaAllah.

    ME; Lol, yes, I'm 19. Thank you :)

    Areesha; Itna lamba nai tha :P Chamack challo is okay. I love it at times and hate it at times.

    Ezazi; LOL. Pink one is Strawberry :P Thank you :)
    I'm glad you like the pictures. Pff. I get migraines. Stop being jealous. Yeah, I made it uppp. Where's the poem?

    Zeinab; Thank you :)

    Jocelyn; Thank youuu :)

    normal.is.overrated.; thank you :)

    Rosette Princess; All good. Thank you :)

    ♫♪♥PhilO♥♪♫; I bought a new camera after eleven years. My dad bought a new one back then :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. DOUGHNUTS<3

    Congratulations on your new camera, btw. :D Loved all the pictures. ESPECIALLY the one of the model of The Great Wall and the one of reflection. Lovely hai.

    Also, happy birthday once again. I'm so sorry I didn't wish you properly on fb. Was busy with friend's wedding. I shall make it up to you by now reading all your posts that I have missed. AND commenting. B)

    Stay happy, stay blessed. Amen. :)

    ReplyDelete