Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Even heroes have the right to bleed

Wait. I have to go find some funny pictures first.

*Twenty-seven minutes later*

I found a LOT of funny pictures. XD

This post is filled with unparalleled randomness, as it was going through my head in two hours last night.

Have you guys ever thought of how much we do for our families?
Like on Friday, after the Iftar party, my mom asked my dad and me to get this poster of Quaid-e-Azam that was half on the ground at a roundabout-Do talwar/Two Swords.

I had seen that poster while on the way home from school and it really made me mad that our country's founder's picture was on the ground. And mum decided that she could use it.

So later, my dad stopped right next to a police car at the roundabout. While my brothers kept on asking us not to and that we shouldn't be, I got out, crossed the road through heavy traffic, took down the poster, folded it and crossed the road after one of the cops stopped the traffic for me.

Now, since the cops stopped the traffic for me, that made it legal, right? I'm ignoring the fact that my dad was a senior cop who 'requested' the others to help.
Besides, I would rather take the poster than have it lie on the dirty ground. After all, in America, people would kill rather than let George Washington's picture or their flag even touch the ground.

That's how I justified taking down a picture.

How all that went through my head after I was still deciding what to do with my life, I have no idea. But it was pretty easy to cross a road in speeding traffic, that much I do know.






I love her iphone. Yes, the one who leaves me breathless's Iphone. I don't want an Iphone anymore-I stopped wanting one when the Ipad 2 came out-but hers is just awesome. No idea why.

I'm going to experiment with colors and my moods next week. Usually, I wear clothes depending on what my mood is. Black is sad, Red is loving, Blue is calm, Yellow is bored, and Orange is hyper. Next week, I'm going to wear clothes to change my mood.

I took my painting back from my great-grandmother because she had put it up in the darkest place in her house. I took back my first-ever painting from my grandmother because of the same reason, so now I have.. four paintings. Out of which three were made while I was in seventh and eighth grade. You can see almost all of them here.

My mom said yesterday that I have much more talent than either of my brothers, considering that they can't come up with a decent painting even while they're in eighth and tenth grade.

Viya's post here reminded me of how much I love hoodies and collecting them. I used to have one of every color until I moved to the States.

People collect stamps.. shoes.. cars.. coins.. I collect hoodies.

My cousin and I were having a huge argument yesterday-this cousin is three years older than me and we've been fighting over something or another since we were two. Our wars are.. Epic. And even our parents don't dare get in between when we're arguing. On the other hand, when we're on the same side-which usually lasts around five minutes at the most-we simply bulldoze over everything. So in case she reads this, I just want to say I forgive you for bugging me so much.. bugging me my entire life, that is. I'm saying it here since I'm not going to text you and say it, that takes too much effort.

Aman's post here reminded me of how much I love solitude and sitting on the prayer mat/Jai namaz and talking to Him about everything.
It helps a lot sometimes, and I'd recommend it to anyone who's feeling sad and my pictures don't cheer them up.

I was supposed to go and have my driver's made today, but I was dreaming about the one who leaves me breathless when my alarm rang. I woke up, turned it off, and went back to sleep.

In case you're wondering what the dream was, it was that there were two hundred guys out to find her because she said no to me. And I was standing right next to her, waiting for them.

But yes, so I already have a driver's in America. And I've been driving in Karachi the last three months (this Thursday made it exactly three months since coming back) without a license. My dad, however, has been driving in Pakistan for the last forty years without one. Which shows that I really don't need one. But I want one. You know how that is, right?

Anyway. Whenever a cop pulls our car over when my dad is driving and talking on his phone, they ask him for his license.
First off, he tells them to wait till he's done talking on the phone. It's usually something important, like instructions to his staff.
He tells them he doesn't have a license.
The guy asks for his National Identity Card. Dad says he doesn't have that either.
The guy starts getting frustrated and asks for any type of ID.
Whereupon my dad gives him his police ID.

Which is, in case you didn't notice, really funny. It usually gets him a salute and a sorry Sir.

Considering that yesterday was my first day without Pepsi, I'm shocked that I was able to type so much and still be random.

Before I go for a day or two, here are a few awards for people who really, really deserve them.

Firstly, to Mahnoor at Hopelessly Cluttered Soul

This girl is new to blogger-less than one month old-but her writing is so interesting that I always want to read more. I usually go on her blog every other day to see if there's a new post.


Second, to KN at And I Have A Stone-Heart

She's awesome, yes. That's all I can say.

Next, to the butterfly effect at The buttefly effect

I love her blog. She writes like a published writer. Which reminds me, you need to publish all of it!!!


Last, but not least, to The One Who Leaves Me Breathless.

I love you. And you're the first to come on my blog and read everything, so this is for you..


Oh, and those of you who think I've gone insane, considering the amount of love in my last post.. I'm still me. This post proves it, right?











26 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures xD Hahahah, your Dad is lucky, mate =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahhahahha!!!YOUR PICTURE COLLECTION IS AH-MAZING!!!!=D AND THAT YOUR DAD LISCENCE THINGY? EPICLY HILARIOUS!!=D

    ReplyDelete
  3. first things first, dude i can seriously imagine you talking fast when you right a post this random. it makes me think you're really really hyper (probably because of excess of sweets or lack thereof, i don't know) and its really cute and awesome:P i can almost hear your thoughts stumbling over each other, which, of course, is the figment of my imagination:P

    secondly, m speechless. all i can say is thank you, ovais, for liking what i write and praising it :) it means a lot:)

    congratulations to komal and to the other girl for the award:)

    driving, hmm... i need to learn how to drive, and although i can, but i dont think im capable of publicly doing it. the thing is if i dont my husband will become a permanent driver:S

    dude i hate Karachi's traffic. i miss my Lahore:( i wish karachi was better, less scarier, good weather-ed and a lot of other things:P

    enough with my ranting, i loved the post, and dude, how can anyone live without having pepsi/coke in ramadan? coke is like "my personal brand of heroine" :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. i forgot to mention how appreciable it is that there are still few people in our country who have regard for its founder. that is one respectable thing you and your dad did:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate You for the Regards you showed to Our Founder

    BUT


    I think that its totally wrong that your father dont have a Driver`s license Or an National ID Card.
    It Doesn`t matter that if he is some senior Cop or a Minister
    Law is for Everyone
    Wrong is Wrong after all
    I advice you to make a Driver`s License and do all the things on MERIT.
    GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I see the pictures, I immediately forget what the rest of the post was about :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better at least! I loved the funny pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahhha, lol, didn't read the post cos i was too busy in laughing ...lol. those pistures are hilariously awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want THAT ENGERY KIT!

    Congrats to the awarded people.

    LMAO @ The pictures.
    Especially at the 3rd last one =p

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures are amazing! xD lol

    And about you Dad, lol, that is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol, im sooooo happy. over the moon =D thanks sooo much for awarding me. my first ever award =D means the world to me =D

    ill tell u what, my dads in army, he has a license, and the ID card, byt he always prefer telling hes a COLONEL which always ends up getting yes sir and a salute.. hahah =D

    im soo glad, you are back. loved the radomness in the post. loved the pictures. my fave is the JB one :P

    xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Areesha; not that lucky. He gave his CSS exam and got called for an interview to Islamabad in 1976. His dad died that night, so he couldn't go.. or he'd be the head of Sindh Police right now. :p

    Ezazi; thank youu

    the butterfly effect; you earned it :) I don't mind the traffic, it's having to shift gears that's annoying :p

    Tay Tay; thank youu :)

    Faraz Ezazi; Relax. He has a NIC. And I do EVERYTHING in my life on merit. Which includes the NIC I got and the license that I will get.

    Priyanka & Ateeq; Fewer pictures next time =D

    Furree & Hamza; I want one too!

    Hazel, Camellia & the floodgate of feelings; Glad you liked them :)

    Mahnoor; You earned it =) LOL at your dad!
    Glad you liked everything =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol:P i mind it cuz if i dont ill probably end up hitting something or someone:P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha. Chalo that's great that you are pretty out of it or you sound like one. :)

    Well this is what m father does too sometimes, when he crosses the check post in some civil car and the guard asks him for the license, but before he can, the 'Fauji' haircut of my dad does all the silent conversation and he lets him cross it. :D

    Once again, thanks a million for the award cause that's all i can say. Thankyousomuch. :D
    And congrats to everyone else too especially Butterfly effect! :D

    A pretty different post. :)
    Keep writing and living!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the HILARIOUS pictures post. Makes me glad whenever I come on your blog. The thing about your dad was funny haha :D And yeah its crazy how much we do for our family. But then again, they ARE our families so it would be weird if we didn't :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I mostly like this phrase: 'Considering that yesterday was my first day without Pepsi, I'm shocked that I was able to type so much and still be random.' Now I have an impression, that your life without pepsi seems to be the worst thing in the whole entire world. So, think about pepsi-colour, as the new changing-your-mood one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. the butterfly effect; you won't hit anyone :o

    KN; You earned it :)

    normal.is.overrated; glad you liked it :)

    The girl of the sun; I've gone three days without pepsi now :o

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll just say .. a LOT of the photographs basically described me, but I'm not gonna say which ones (tho its so bait either way) muhahahaha :D

    Oh and congrats people :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Τhe report ρгoѵіԁes ρгoven hеlpful
    to me personally. Ιt’s extremely educational and you гeally are clearly
    eхtгemely ωell-informeԁ in thiѕ rеgion.

    You have got opened our sіght to be ablе to numerous thoughts about this
    spеcіfic matter with inteгesting and ѕοliԁ content mateгiаl.
    Also visit my page ... Cialis Online

    ReplyDelete
  20. Үour post proѵideѕ ѵerified beneficial tο myself.
    It’s quite educatiоnal and you're simply obviously really well-informed in this field. You get popped my own eyes to different thoughts about this particular topic with interesting and strong written content.
    Have a look at my blog :: Buy Valium

    ReplyDelete
  21. The poѕt ρrοѵіdes establishеd bеnefісiаl tο myѕelf.
    Іt’s really useful and you reаlly are οbviously reallу knowledgeаblе in this areа.
    You have gоt opened mу own eye fοr you tо diffeгent оpiniоn of
    thіѕ kіnd of mаttеr with intriguing
    and solid contеnt.
    Also visit my web site ... Klonopin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Үouг own artісle оffеrs establishеԁ hеlpful
    to us. Ιt’ѕ quite helpful anԁ you're obviously very knowledgeable in this region. You have opened up my own face in order to varying views on this particular subject matter with intriquing, notable and reliable content.
    Take a look at my website ; Xanax

    ReplyDelete